I really need to use NOAA's aerial photos of greater New Orleans, and as I have said before, I hate the NOAA interface. Since my dream of a clickable interface for the NOAA photos has not yet come true, nor my dream of a Mac version of Google Earth, I'm setting up this page as my own personal index to the NOAA photos, to which I will make additions as I go along.
Here's how it will work:
- I'll make a thumbnail image (with a larger thumbnail if you click on the small one),
- write a little description, and
- give approximate GPS coordinates if I can get them.
- Time stamp information is highly desirable.
The highest priority are those areas of New Orleans that are not covered by the Digital Globe 8/31 10 AM satellite photos. This overview of the Digiatl Globe images shold give you a sense of the problem:
They don't cover enough of New Orleans and also it is hard to get information on nearly communities.
Contributions (by which I mean submissions for inclusion) are welcome and encouraged via email at kathryn.cramer at gmail.com.
I'm posting one now, and will post more later.
- St. Charles Avenue, including the Loyola university stadium. This area is not covered by the Digital Globe 8/31 10 AM images available via Google Maps.